1. Before beginning your pet deshedding session, we recommend you wash and dry your dog or cat’s coat.
If your pet’s coat has large knots or tangles, remove these first prior to bathing. Do not use this deshedding tool on a pet with a wet coat.
2. Get your pet and yourself ready in a space you don't mind some hair falling (we recommend outdoors or the bathroom)
3. Start brushing your pet, using smooth and even strokes. Brush in the direction of the coat growth. The weight of the brush should do the work for you so apply only a slight pressure while brushing. You will notice that a lot of hair is removed, which means less hair on your couch, carpet and floors!
No need to worry, however, because a good deshedding tool like this will remove all the loose undercoat without damaging your pet’s top coat.
This is the Number 1 dog deshedding tool exclusively available at Groomarts.
Reduce shedding hair by up to 90% when used just 2x per week. Perfect for any short double coated dog such as:
- Jack Russell
- Bull Terrier
- Bassett Hound
- And More
This excellent tool can stop shedding and seriously reduce the amount of dead hair found around the house. When tested this deshedding brush alternative reduced hair around the home by 240% more than the leading deshedder brush.
With a quick and easy brush, deshedding your dog has never been easier. Results from regular use include 10x lighter, healthier, smoother and shinier. A must have for any owner with a short coated dog, and any professional dog groomer who are serious about fantastic deshedding results.
The best deshedding brush alternative with up to 90% less hair shedding after use for just two weeks. Combine this product with our Deep Clean Shampoo for incredible results and longer lasting results than any other dog shedding tool.
The high quality stainless steel edge gently and efficiently reaches deep beneath the pet’s top coat to safely and easily remove the undercoat, meaning less unwanted hair in the home, and a stronger glossy coat.
If you would like to further enhance the results or have a particular thick double coat, you can use our Deshedding Palm Brush to massage the double coat when bathing before before using this dog deshedding tool with increased effectiveness (make sure you have thoroughly dried the dog first).
This deshedding tool is for double coated dogs, breeds with this coat type include:
- Alaskan Husky
- Shiba Inu
- Siberian Husky
- Australian Shepherd
- Shetland Sheepdog
- Bernese Mountain Dog
- Great Pyrenees
- Golden Retriever
- Labrador Retriever
- Miniature Schnauzer
Groomarts is committed to being environmentally friendly whilst providing our customers with the very best delivery solutions possible.
We have four delivery options:
- Standard - 3-5 Business Days - Starts at £3.00 and a maximum of £5.00 for any order.
- Expedited - 2 Business Days - Starts at £5.00 and a maximum of £7.00 for any order.
- Priority - Next Business Da - Starts at £7.00 and a maximum of £9.00 for any order.
- Collection from AL2 1JY -You can order for immediate collection from our Dog Grooming Academy in London Colney, Hertfordshire.
If you place a order over £200.00, we will also send you a gift card for £20.00 that can be used anytime in the next 6 months.
Our cut off time each day for deliveries is 14:00.
Why do I need a Deshedding Tool?
Almost all breeds of dog shed to some extent, some much more than others. Shedding is also influenced by changes in your pets environment, things like seasons, central heating and even stress. This shedding is 100% natural and cannot be stopped, but with a deshedding tool such as the Groomarts Deshedder you can reduce the amount of hair that falls from your pet by up to 90%.
How often should I use my Deshedding Tool?
To start with you will probably need to use this tool 2-3 times per week, for around 15-20 minutes at a time. This is a great opportunity to do a health check on your dog, and spend some time together.
Will the deshedder damage my dogs top coat?
This deshedding tool is designed to maintain the top coat whistle removing the hair that would have naturally fallen to the ground. What you are doing with this tool is speeding up an entirely natural process.
Can I use the deshedding tool on a single coated dog?
This deshedding tool is designed to remove the undercoat, therefore you would damage a single coated dogs coat if were to use it. We have plenty of other tools and can always advise you as to what is most appropriate if you drop us a WhatsApp message.