- 2x 6.5” Curved Alternate Metal Alloy Blades. The first of these blades gestures 18 ‘T’ shaped teeth that combs through the hair and collects a small section for cutting.
- 2nd Blade. The second blade is a robust & sharp convex blade. This blade cuts the section of hair that is collected in the comb out of the dog’s coat.
- Working as a team. When these two blades work together they create a ‘natural’ looking finish that can be used to remove scissor marks.
- Curved Blades. These blades also feature a natural curve. This bend in the blade allows you to contour the naturally curved areas of a dog’s body. The curve can also be used to sculpt defined shapes that can make your scissor skills really shine!
- Removable Finger Rests. Removing this scissor finger rests create interesting opportunities to hold your scissor in previously impossible ways. For example like holding the scissor upside down so the curve of the blade faces away from the dog.
- Modern Scissor Box. This scissor comes with its very own felted storage box. This box not only looks great on the shelf, but also serves as a safe storage place between uses.
- Fairtrade Cotton Carrying Bag. A unique cotton carrying bag for your scissor box that features an entertaining dog grooming quote on the front.
Ember Curved Chunker | Premium Pro Dog Grooming Scissors
£104.99 inc VAT
Ember Curved Chunker
Say hello to the Ember Curved Chunker Dog Grooming Scissor. A high level grooming scissor made for experienced professional groomers who are looking to take their scissor work to the next level! This curved chunker allows you to remove any unwanted scissor marks. Allowing you to make your vision for higher detailed, more creative haircuts a reality. Whilst still remaining a reliable everyday scissor for highly skilled groomers.
As with all the scissors sold at Groomarts, this scissor has gone under the scrutiny and testing of Laura Campanella (Founder of Groomarts & Master Groomer). Laura has won over 13 internationally recognised dog grooming competitions throughout her career. Meaning she knows what scissors professional groomers need to succeed at the highest level of dog grooming.
Getting into the specific features of these scissors:
- Two curved 6.5” metal alloy blades. The first of these two blades features 18 ‘T’ shaped widely spread teeth. These teeth comb out small sections of the dog’s coat ready for cutting.
- The second blade is a reliable convex blade. This blade cuts the hair that has been combed between the teeth out of the dog’s coat.
- When these blades work in tandem, they create a natural looking finish that removes unwanted scissor marks. You can also use them to add a creative finish or texture to a dog’s coat.
- The scissor blades are also curved, which creates a multitude of creative opportunities during haircuts. For one, the natural curve of these scissors allows you to contour the naturally curved areas of a dog’s body (for example: the ribs, face and back of the legs). Allowing you to create interesting defined shapes that can showcase your skill as a pet groomer.
- Furthermore, these scissors feature removable finger rests. Removing these finger rests opens up a world of possibility for methods in which you work with your scissors. For example allowing you to easily flip the scissor to work with the curve facing outward away from the dog’s body.
- Moreover, the scissor blades themselves are connected by an adjustable gem. This gem when adjusted changes the size of the gap between the two blades. Allowing you to use your scissor your way.
- Finally, to maximise comfort for the groomer these scissors have an offset handle. This offset handle makes these scissors ergonomic to hold, whilst also reducing fatigue for the groomer. Meaning that you can work more confidently when dealing with a longer haircut.
Overall these Ember Curved Chunker Dog Grooming Scissors are a great step up for any established pet groomer looking to excel in their scissor work! Enabling anyone with the experience and knowledge to reach new heights in both competitions and daily dog grooming.
As fellow dog groomers we understand the importance of investing in the right pair of scissors. Your scissors are at the core of all your dog grooming activities and have a big impact on the style/level of grooms you can perform.
That’s why we created this scissor hub. A place filled with useful resources we have created to help educate you on the world of dog grooming scissors in order to help you get the best scissors for your style!
Click the links below to access our various educational resources:
Choosing the right dog grooming scissors -
If you still can’t find the answer you’re looking for or you still feel unsure, please feel free to reach out to us. To find out how to do this simply click on the ‘Need Advice?’ tab above.
Groomarts is committed to being environmentally friendly whilst providing our customers with the very best delivery solutions possible.
We have four delivery options:
Standard - 3-5 Business Days - Starts at £3.00 and a maximum of £5.00 for any order.
Expedited - 2 Business Days - Starts at £5.00 and a maximum of £7.00 for any order.
Priority - Next Business Day - Starts at £7.00 and a maximum of £9.00 for any order.
Collection from AL2 1JY - You can order for immediate collection from our Dog Grooming Academy in London Colney, Hertfordshire.
If you place an order over £200.00, we will also send you a gift card for £20.00 that can be used anytime in the next 6 months.
Our cut off time each day for deliveries is 14:00.
Groomarts was founded to improve the education of both Dog Groomers and Pet Owners worldwide.
If you are purchasing a product, or struggling to find what product is most suitable for your needs then we are here to help.
Simply drop us a Whatsapp message along with your query or question and we will provide unlimited free support.
We'll even video call you when your products arrive and talk you through using them for the first time.